- Wednesday, January 03, 2018 4:05 PM
Athens, 3 January 2018 (MIA) - High-Level Encounters for Skopje's Issue; Skopje Premier's Phone Conversation with Tsipras and Kotzias; Zaev: There is a Willingness for Solution; Optimism for Name Solution - these are some of the headlines of Greek media, which quote the Macedonian Prime Minister's statements at yesterday's press conference.
The recent developments in connection with the Macedonian-Greek relations have been part of the central news on all Greek TV networks, unlike before, when the media in the country rarely had room for news on the name dispute, MIA reports from Athens.
The media have been citing the positions of both official Skopje and Athens, reporting especially about (Macedonian PM) Zoran Zaev's phone talks with (Greek PM and FM) Alexis Tsipras and Nikos Kotzias respectively during his private visit to Thessaloniki.
'The Premiers of Greece and Skopje voiced optimism just a few days after their phone conversation,' Greek TV Antenna said.
'FYROM PM Zoran Zaev voiced optimism that a solution to the name issue would be found in the course of 2018, enabling the country to join NATO and commence the EU accession talks,' Greek TV Alpha reported.
Greek PM's Office also issued a press release, saying that Tsipras had a phone conversation with and extended New Year 's greetings to Zaev. lk/16:05
- 6:29 PM | Stoltenberg/Zaev: Name dispute settlement crucial for Macedonia's NATO membership, no plan 'B'
The Alliance has no plan 'B' for Macedonia's NATO accession, hence the name dispute must be settled,...
- 6:14 PM | Macedonian parliamentary parties held 'constructive' meetings with NATO's Stoltenberg
Officials of the parties from the ruling coalition DUI and SDSM and the opposition party VMRO-DPMNE ...
- 5:13 PM | MoFA: Mediator's ideas shouldn't be commented before in-depth analysis is made
According to diplomatic principles, ideas of the mediator should not be commended until an in-depth ...
- 4:54 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Special Prosecutor Janeva
The Special Prosecution Office (SPO) is determined to fulfill the goal it has been set for, namely t...
- 4:26 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Speaker Xhaferi
A constructive dialogue, engagement of state institutions and all political stakeholders in implemen...