- Thursday, March 08, 2018 2:07 PM
Skopje, 8 March 2018 (MIA) - Women from all walks of life on International Women's Day marched in downtown Skopje calling for end to stereotypes and violence against women and misogyny.
"With this march, in addition to celebrating women, we urge also our fathers, brothers and sons to show solidarity with the women in Macedonia and to join forces to reject stereotypes and labels that constrain us and to say NO to violence and hatred of women," said the protesters.
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, Deputy PM and Defense Minister Radmila Sekerinska, Minister of Labor and Social Policy Mila Carovska, and Health Minister Venko Filipce joined the march.
The event was organized by the Platform for Gender Equality and women's rights activists. ba/14:04
- 9:57 PM | Let’s work together on building our Europe, PM Zaev tells the Young European Federalists
Let’s work together on building our Europe, as people wish for a fair world that offers opportunity ...
- 9:05 PM | Macedonian social-democrats, Bulgarian socialists sign memo of cooperation
Delegations of the Macedonian Social –Democratic Union (SDSM) and Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), l...
- 8:36 PM | France's Macron says suspect killed 3, injured 16
French President Emmanuel Macron says the armed man who took hostages in a supermarket killed three ...
- 8:26 PM | PM Zaev meets delegation of EP European People’s Party group
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met Friday with a delegation of the European People’s Party Group in the E...
- 8:04 PM | Speaker Xhaferi meets Greek FM Kotzias
Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi commended Friday the pace of the Skopje-Athens bilateral and the ...