- Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:28 PM
Skopje, 12 June 2018 (MIA) – Opposition VMRO-DPMNE leader Hristijan Mickoski has cancelled a trip, planned meetings for tomorrow and called on Prime Minister Zoran Zaev to immediately hand over to him the agreement on the name dispute with Greece.
‘At the onset he (Zaev) was against altering of the constitution. Afterwards he accepted a geographic identifier to later on convince the citizens of Macedonia that a constitutional revision and the solution Ilinden Macedonia were confirmation of the identity,’ Mickoski told a press conference on Tuesday.
Zaev, he said, wishes to ‘smuggle’ the agreement, as he as Prime Minister announced it earlier as a historic achievement.
‘This is a rather exhibitionist behavior at the stake of own country. We demand for Zaev to urgently hand over to us the so-called agreement he intends to sign. This is not the right solution, but a capitulation,’ Mickoski said, pointing out once again that his party would not accept constitutional revision for changing of the country’s name. lk/21:26
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:31 PM | Prespa Agreement 'unacceptable' for VMRO-DPMNE, Mickoski tells Mitchell
VMRO-DPMNE leader Hristijan Mickoski responded Wednesday to a letter of Wess Mitchell, Assistant Sec...
- 3:28 PM | Greek foreign minister resigns, prime minister takes over
Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias has resigned following a disagreement with the defense minister...
- 2:49 PM | Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias submits resignation
Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias submitted his resignation Wednesday, a day after a tense cabine...
- 2:35 PM | European Statistics Day: Macedonian statistical system complies with European standards
Macedonia is committed to the implementation of European values, signing the Declaration over the Co...
- 2:14 PM | Atanasov: Asian tiger mosquito discovered in Macedonia, no infection cases registered
The Asian tiger mosquito has been discovered on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia. Mapping ...