- Monday, November 27, 2017 2:13 PM
Skopje, 27 November 2017 (MIA) - The Holy Synod of Bishops of the Macedonian Orthodox Church - Ohrid Archbishopric (MOC-OA) has expressed gratitude to the Patriarch Neophyte of Bulgaria and to members of the Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church (BOC) after a decision was reached with regards to a letter of the Macedonian Orthodox Church.
"The decision reached by the Holy Synod of the BOC gives hope that the status of a legitimate autocephaly of the Macedonian Orthodox Church in the family of local Orthodox churches will be finally settled. We expect in the future the Bulgarian Orthodox Church to continue to serve as a constant collaborator of the Macedonian Orthodox Church in accomplishing the godly goal," reads a statement of the MOC-OA.
Earlier in the day, the Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church (BOC) at a session has decided to engage in establishing the canonical status of the Macedonian Orthodox Church (MOC) and to represent before local Orthodox churches. ba/14:11
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:42 PM | FM Dimitrov: US State Secretary Pompeo voices strong support for Macedonia’s accession to NATO
Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov had an official meeting Tuesday in Washington with US Secretary of ...
- 9:27 PM | Ex-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen 'strikes plea deal'
US President Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen has entered into a plea deal with US federal...
- 7:46 PM | Vice-Premier Angjusev meets German business delegation
Germany is the most significant trade partner of Macedonia, Vice-Premier for Economic Affairs Koco A...
- 6:37 PM | More than two million Muslims mark Eid al-Adha in Saudi Arabia
More than two million Muslims took part in the symbolic stoning of the devil Tuesday in Saudi Arabia...
- 6:33 PM | FM Dimitrov visits Washington for meetings with US senators, NGO representatives
Macedonian Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov, who is paying an official visit to the US, held talks i...