- Tuesday, January 02, 2018 12:18 PM
Skopje, 2 January 2018 (MIA) - Prime Minister Zoran Zaev has received a letter from Pope Francis on occasion of January 1, World Day of Peace, a feast day of the Roman Catholic Church established in 1967, dedicated this year to migrants and refugees - men and women in search of peace.
In the response to the Pope's letter, PM Zaev says Macedonia understands his concern and joins the commitment that this global humanitarian crisis will be solved in line with the UN Declaration for Refugees and Migrants.
"We share your hope that the declaration approval will provide a framework for proposals over political and practical measures as an inspiration for enhancement of the peace-building process, while the international community will find a way to urge member-states to guarantee the rights of refugees and migrants", reads the note. ik/12:15
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:27 PM | Xhaferi – Kahraman: Macedonia-Turkey friendship confirmed
The visit to Turkey is of significant importance for Macedonia and is a confirmation of friendly and...
- 1:14 PM | EU donates 300 PCs and 18 cars to Agriculture Ministry
A donation of the European Union, consisting of 18 Dacia vehicles and 300 PCs - estimated at €1.4 mi...
- 1:00 PM | Southeast Europe police chiefs meet in Ohrid
Interior Minister Oliver Spasovski addressed Thursday the first Southeast Europe Police Chiefs Assoc...
- 12:57 PM | VMRO-DPMNE leader Mickoski meets with EU foreign policy chief Mogherini
VMRO-DPMNE leader Hristijan Mickoski had Thursday a working breakfast with the EU High Representativ...
- 12:18 PM | Angjusev: EC progress report reflects realistic conditions in economy
The European Commission's progress report realistically, precisely and accurately reflects all the c...