- Monday, March 05, 2018 10:26 AM
Athens, 5 March 2018 (MIA) - The prerequisite for the acceptance of an agreement on the name and the country's accession to NATO and the EU is the previous change of its constitution, said Greek President Prokopios Pavlopoulos, MIA reports from Athens.
Pavlopoulos noted it is clear to everyone that Macedonia's accession to the EU and NATO cannot be accepted, but also an agreement cannot be reached without prior revision of its constitution and without a name "that will eliminate any trace of irredentism", while at the same time highlighting the responsibilities of Prime Minister Zoran Zaev.
"The solution of the name issue is a basic prerequisite - and this is not just a Greek position, it is NATO's position, it is the EU's position - it has to change its constitution," Pavlopoulos stressed on Sunday, during his proclamation as a citizen of the municipality Pydna-Kolindros, at Pieria. ik/10:23
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:28 PM | Three children aged 4, 2, 1 die in Veles fire
Three children aged 4, 2 and 1 died in a fire that broke out on the outskirts of Veles late on Wedne...
- 9:20 PM | Erdogan says Turkey became safe haven for refugees, West hid behind barbed wires
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday Turkey became a safe haven for refugees while the W...
- 8:57 PM | Trump to order end of immediate immigrant family separations at U.S. border
U.S. President Donald Trump said he would sign an executive order on immigration on Wednesday to end...
- 8:46 PM | WC 2018: Uruguay makes knockout stage, Saudi Arabia out after 1-0 loss
Uruguay beat Saudi Arabia 1-0 on Wednesday thanks to a goal from striker Luis Suarez, propelling the...
- 8:41 PM | Committee for changes in Macedonian, Greek instruction books in coming weeks
A committee working on changes in instruction books in both Macedonia and Greece will be established...