- Tuesday, March 06, 2018 10:47 AM
Athens, 6 March 2018 (MIA) - The erga omnes condition requires a change of the constitutional name, says Greek government spokesman Dimitris Tzanakopoulos, MIA reports from Athens.
"A compound name for all uses (erga omnes) requires constitutional revision, at least regarding the constitutional name," said Tzanakopoulos during a debate at state TV station ERT.
According to him, the Macedonian constitution needs to change because "the country's constitutional court could decide in the future that Zaev was not authorized to sign the specific agreement."
Tzanakopoulos said the draft-treaty is still elaborated and the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs will give an official announcement over its handover to Macedonia.
"We need to find the required formula in order to reach a solution. This the government's political objective, including a sustainable solution that will allow both nations to maintain their identity and ideology," he added. ik/10:45
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:07 PM | North Korean leader says he wants to maintain high-level contacts with Russia: Kremlin aide
North Korea leader Kim Jong Un sent a letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin saying that he want...
- 4:03 PM | Greek far-left terrorist granted new furlough from prison
A convicted Greek far-left terrorist serving multiple life terms for a string of assassinations has ...
- 4:00 PM | Jankuloska, Grujevski, Boskovski to be tried separately in Target-Fortress case
The trial in Special Prosecutor's Office (SPO) case dubbed Target-Fortress will resume on August 31,...
- 3:42 PM | Zaev: Greece agreement closes last issue on road to EU, NATO
Following the Bulgaria Friendship Treaty, we have reached a dignified agreement with Greece and clos...
- 3:30 PM | PM Zaev meets with UNOPS official Faremo
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met Tuesday a delegation of the United Nations Office for Project Services...