- Friday, April 20, 2018 1:44 PM
Skopje, 20 April 2018 (MIA) - Government Spokesman Mile Bosnjakovski confirmed Friday that Macedonian and Greek Foreign Ministers, Nikola Dimitrov and Nikos Kotzias respectively, are set to meet by the end of April without confirming the exact date.
"A new meeting will be held by the end of the month but the date is still to be confirmed by the foreign ministers. We are still optimistic, as stated by the Macedonian PM and FM, seeking and expecting a dignified solution," Bosnjakovski told reporters regarding Greek media reports that Dimitrov and Kotzias would meet UN envoy Matthew Nimetz in Vienna on April 25.
Pertaining to the position by the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs that the EU Council has a final say over the start of the accession talks, despite the EC recommendation, Bosnjakovski said the Council should come to a decision in the coming months, but developments in the name talks are resuming according to the planned schedule. ik/13:42
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 3:57 PM | Ways sought to export Macedonian peaches in UK, Kosovo or Albania after Russian ban
The markets in the UK, Kosovo and Albania are seen as potential markets for export of Macedonian pea...
- 3:40 PM | Over 740 Macedonian nationals living abroad applied to vote in upcoming referendum
Thus far a total of 742 citizens have filed applications for voting abroad at the 30 September name ...
- 2:51 PM | Genoa motorway bridge collapses 'killing at least 10'
A major motorway bridge has collapsed near the Italian city of Genoa, leading to vehicles falling so...
- 2:44 PM | Erdogan says Turkey will boycott U.S. electronics, lira steadies
President Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday Turkey will boycott electronic products from the United Sta...
- 2:35 PM | Igor Ivanov Izi's silent short The Lover about to come out of post-production
The Lover, Macedonian director Igor Ivanov Izi's short that was shot in the style of old silent movi...