- Friday, April 20, 2018 1:44 PM
Skopje, 20 April 2018 (MIA) - Government Spokesman Mile Bosnjakovski confirmed Friday that Macedonian and Greek Foreign Ministers, Nikola Dimitrov and Nikos Kotzias respectively, are set to meet by the end of April without confirming the exact date.
"A new meeting will be held by the end of the month but the date is still to be confirmed by the foreign ministers. We are still optimistic, as stated by the Macedonian PM and FM, seeking and expecting a dignified solution," Bosnjakovski told reporters regarding Greek media reports that Dimitrov and Kotzias would meet UN envoy Matthew Nimetz in Vienna on April 25.
Pertaining to the position by the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs that the EU Council has a final say over the start of the accession talks, despite the EC recommendation, Bosnjakovski said the Council should come to a decision in the coming months, but developments in the name talks are resuming according to the planned schedule. ik/13:42
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 3:28 PM | Greek foreign minister resigns, prime minister takes over
Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias has resigned following a disagreement with the defense minister...
- 2:49 PM | Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias submits resignation
Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias submitted his resignation Wednesday, a day after a tense cabine...
- 2:35 PM | European Statistics Day: Macedonian statistical system complies with European standards
Macedonia is committed to the implementation of European values, signing the Declaration over the Co...
- 2:14 PM | Atanasov: Asian tiger mosquito discovered in Macedonia, no infection cases registered
The Asian tiger mosquito has been discovered on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia. Mapping ...
- 1:45 PM | Government against impunity of officials in public procurement procedures
The Government says the initiative filed by a lawyer to the Constitutional Court over the assessment...