- Monday, April 23, 2018 10:38 AM
Athens, 23 April 2018 (MIA) - The name agreement should be complete and final, differentiating the neighboring country from Macedonia, says New Democracy shadow foreign minister Giorgos Koumoutsakos, MIA reports from Athens.
"The government is called to reach an agreement that is complete and final. One that differentiates, in a clear way, our northern neighbor from Macedonia. This is not feasible, Koumoutsakos told newspaper Real News.
According to him, the recent statements from Skopje have put a brake on "the required constitutional revision of the neighboring country and implementation of the agreed name for all uses."
Koumoutsakos says such an outcome is negative for Greece, and the question is "not whether the talks will continue, but how and where are they going." ik/10:37
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:13 PM | Macedonia’s government decides to launch referendum campaign
At its regular session Tuesday, the government adopted a decision on launching a public campaign on ...
- 8:17 PM | Turkish court frees two Greek soldiers pending espionage trial: agency
A Turkish court has released two Greek soldiers pending their trial on espionage charges, state-run ...
- 6:51 PM | President Ivanov awards certificates to participants in ‘Day with Macedonian leading CEOs’
At a formal ceremony on Tuesday President Gjorge Ivanov handed over certificates to the participants...
- 6:35 PM | Minister Sugareski denies tender for subsidies was annulled 'deliberately'
It's not true that the government deliberately annulled the public call for awarding financial suppo...
- 5:05 PM | Genoa motorway collapse kills at least 22 (UPD)
A motorway bridge has collapsed in the northwest Italian city of Genoa, sending vehicles plummeting ...