- Thursday, December 28, 2017 6:54 PM
Skopje, 28 December 2017 (MIA) - Office-holders of Macedonia's government junior coalition partner - the Alliance of Albanians (AA) - tendered their resignations on Thursday.
The Deputy-Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Transport & Communications, Labour & Social Policy - Arta Toci, Remzi Memedi and Elmi Aziri respectively, as well as State Secretary with the Ministry of Justice Zulfi Adili, submitted their resignations to the government, AA's Elmi Aziri told the Alsat-M TV. Eight directors of state institutions are also expect to resign in the next few days.
Yesterday AA leader Zijadin Sela said the party would join the opposition as the agreement with Prime Minister Zoran Zaev has been breached.
PM Zaev on his part said he expected the resignations as Sela didn't accept the offer for the post of Vice Premier for reforms. lk/18:53
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:08 PM | PM: Greece seen meeting fiscal targets, no fiscal gap in 2018/9
Greece and its foreign creditors agreed that the country will meet its fiscal targets in the coming ...
- 7:54 PM | FinMin Tevdovski: Public debt put under control
For the first time after more than 10 years, public debt has been put under control, Finance Ministe...
- 6:45 PM | Macedonia and Poland celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
‘Makedonissimo’ project - transcriptions of Macedonian traditional music by Pande Shahov in collabor...
- 6:08 PM | U.S. threatens 'strongest' sanctions on Iran, seeks sweeping change
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday threatened to impose the “strongest sanctions in history” a...
- 5:41 PM | Original reporting makes up only seven percent of TV news broadcasts
A recent survey of eight Macedonian TV networks has shown that local journalists take the initiative...