- Sunday, February 18, 2018 3:46 PM
Tetovo, 18 February 2018 (MIA) - Afrim Gashi has been elected Sunday for a new leader of the opposition 'BESA' Movement.
At the party's first congress in Tetovo, Gashi scooped 522 votes out of 575 delegates.
From this day on BESA will be a party not only of Albanians, but of all people living in Macedonia, Gashi said.
He notified his priorities as BESA leader: Macedonia's accession to the EU and NATO; better living standards for citizens; justice for all and a party open for redefining of the country.
Today's gathering also elected monitoring and central councils as the party's highest bodies between two congresses.
DPA leader Menduh Tachi, representatives of the Alliance of Albanian, the Turkish Democratic Party and the diplomatic corps attended the BESA first congress. lk/15:44
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:28 PM | Three children aged 4, 2, 1 die in Veles fire
Three children aged 4, 2 and 1 died in a fire that broke out on the outskirts of Veles late on Wedne...
- 9:20 PM | Erdogan says Turkey became safe haven for refugees, West hid behind barbed wires
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday Turkey became a safe haven for refugees while the W...
- 8:57 PM | Trump to order end of immediate immigrant family separations at U.S. border
U.S. President Donald Trump said he would sign an executive order on immigration on Wednesday to end...
- 8:46 PM | WC 2018: Uruguay makes knockout stage, Saudi Arabia out after 1-0 loss
Uruguay beat Saudi Arabia 1-0 on Wednesday thanks to a goal from striker Luis Suarez, propelling the...
- 8:41 PM | Committee for changes in Macedonian, Greek instruction books in coming weeks
A committee working on changes in instruction books in both Macedonia and Greece will be established...