- Friday, March 15, 2013 7:56 PM
Skopje, 15 March 2013 (MIA) - Minister of Defense Talat Xhaferi held on Friday separate meetings with the ambassadors of the United Kingdom and China - Christopher Yvon and Cui Zhiwei respectively.
At a meeting with ambassador Yvon, the minister said that Macedonia was grateful for the UK's extensive support to defense and security reforms, which were evident through the overall bilateral cooperation. The two interlocutors expressed content with the cooperation between Macedonian and British armed forces within the ISAF mission in Afghanistan, MoD said in a press release.
At a meeting with the Chinese ambassador, it was emphasized that the two countries were nourishing an excellent cooperation in several areas, which had been demonstrated by high-level meetings, stated the press release. ba/19:27
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:51 PM | EU's Tusk tells Kosovo to improve relations with Serbia
Donald Tusk, president of the European Council, urged Kosovo on Thursday to improve relations with S...
- 8:24 PM | Pompeo becomes U.S. secretary of state as Iran, North Korea issues await
The U.S. Senate confirmed Mike Pompeo as President Donald Trump’s secretary of state on Thursday, pu...
- 8:13 PM | Speaker Xhaferi meets Croatia’s President Grabar-Kitarovic
Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi held talks Thursday with Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovi...
- 7:26 PM | 70 countries promise new measures against funding of terrorism
Some 70 countries have promised to take new measures to prevent the funding of terrorist organizatio...
- 5:59 PM | Macedonia and Iran pledge to boost trade cooperation
Businessmen from Iran consider Macedonia a gateway to the region and Europe in general. On the other...