- Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:46 PM
Skopje, 19 June 2014 (MIA) - Macedonia has been admitted as the 156th full-fledged member of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) at Thursday's special session of the organization's Council.
The decision was passed upon Macedonia's membership application by Foreign Minister Nikola Poposki to IOM Secretary General William Lacy Swing.
Ambassador Igor Dzundev saluted the cooperation with IOM, underlining Macedonia's continual support to its activities in the country towards implementation and enhancement of standards in all migration-related issues, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a press release. ik/16:08
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:26 PM | True patriotism is doing what is best for future generations, Robertson tells MIA
Former NATO secretary-general, Lord George Robertson, tells MIA the newly-established Ohrid Group wi...
- 8:56 PM | Bulgaria, Greece and Romania meet in support of Serbia's EU accession
Bulgaria, Greece, and Romania must do everything possible for Serbia to join the EU family, Bulgaria...
- 8:36 PM | Debate on Macedonia’s process for joining EU, NATO
After 17 years it may be concluded that the Ohrid Framework Agreement is successful, as it restored ...
- 8:25 PM | Greek MoFA urges Hahn to refrain from giving wrong image of name talks
The Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs has urged EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to refrain from giving...
- 8:04 PM | Finance Ministry says 30-year bond improves debt structure and refinancing
The Finance Ministry said Tuesday the issuance of long-term securities, such as today's 30-year bond...