- Sunday, June 21, 2015 2:25 PM
Skopje, 21 June 2015 (MIA) – After yesterday’s police operation, the Interior Ministry (MoI) has filed criminal charges against 16 people who are suspected of committing crimes related to smuggling of immigrants.
The suspects are charged with organizing a group, human trafficking and migrant smuggling. They are aged 24-78 with one of them originating from Bangladesh, who is believed to have been the mastermind of the group.
A judge has ordered detention for all of them.
Police during yesterday’s operation in Kumanovo and its area arrested 12 members of the group while four others are still on the run.
The gang is believed to have been involved in activities for smuggling people from North Africa and the Middle East from the border with Greece via Macedonia and towards the border on the north.
The members of this criminal group acted as part of a larger international criminal network, managed by a man nicknamed “Bangladesh” who has been staying in the village of Vaksince, the MoI said. ba/14:24
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:17 PM | North Korea agrees to accept U.N. agency staff over missiles
North Korea has agreed to allow International Civil Aviation Organization staff to conduct an on-sit...
- 4:07 PM | Homer’s Iliad to close 58th Ohrid Summer Festival on Monday
Macedonia’s biggest music and theatre event, the 58th edition of Ohrid Summer Festival, is to close ...
- 2:00 PM | Operational Employment Plan, Youth Guarantee programme - effective to reduce unemployment
2018 Operational Employment Plan and pilot programme Youth Guarantee are being successfully implemen...
- 11:17 AM | Portrait of academician Radovan Pavlovski at scientific and art visit in Uranija House-MANU
An event portraying the academician Radovan Pavlovski will be held Sunday evening within scientific ...
- 10:52 AM | Tough talks, no agreements at Merkel, Putin meeting near Berlin
Russian President Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel discussed the conflicts in Ukra...