- Monday, September 26, 2016 2:08 PM
Skopje, 26 September 2016 (MIA) - Film "The Liberation of Skopje", directed by Rade Serbedzija and his son Danilo Serbedzija has been selected as Macedonia's Oscar candidate in the Best Foreign Film category, said the Macedonian Film Professional Association on Monday.
An eight-year-old boy Zoran is the hero of the story. It is through his eyes that we experience the cruelty of war, the poverty, suffering and the images of the occupation of Skopje, the city which the Germans occupied in 1942 with the help of their Bulgarian allies.
The film's premiere screening was held at the opening of the International Cinematographers' Film Festival "Manaki Brothers" on September 10. ik/14:03
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:39 PM | Rod Rosenstein denies voicing plot to remove Trump
US Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has denied a report alleging he discussed ousting Presiden...
- 8:11 PM | Germans angry over spy chief's promotion after comments
A spat over Germany's domestic intelligence chief flared up again Friday, after a center-left party ...
- 7:43 PM | Tsipras, Kammenos to revisit Prespa Agreement issue in March: ANA-MPA
Greek government coalition partners Alexis Tsipras and Panos Kammenos will revisit the Prespa Agreem...
- 5:58 PM | DPA CEO Kropsch elected for new EANA President
The European Alliance of News Agencies (EANA) General Assembly elected Friday Peter Kropsch, CEO of ...
- 5:40 PM | Commission to take Poland to top EU court over court reforms
The European Commission decided this week to take Poland to the top European Union court over court ...