- Monday, March 06, 2017 5:02 PM
Ottawa, 6 March 2017 (MIA) - Canada calls on Macedonia’s leaders to allow the formation of a new government without delay, the country's Minister of Foreign Affairs Chrystia Freeland said Monday in a statement on the situation in Macedonia.
“We urge all parties to continue to uphold and reinforce our shared democratic principles, including respect for democratic institutions and the rule of law," stated the statement.
“We urge the President to perform his constitutional duty and accept the formation of a new government following the December 11, 2016, parliamentary elections in Macedonia," Freeland noted.
“We look to the government authorities in Skopje, including the President, to take the next step in the democratic process and in compliance with the constitution."
Canada, Freeland added, calls on all parties to exercise restraint and to act in the best interests of Macedonia and all its citizens. ba/17:00
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:08 PM | FM: Political decision this week on start of EU negotiations is crucial for Macedonia
I hope that the EU members could find a compromise that for us would imply a clear political decisio...
- 8:48 PM | Traffic accident leaves 2 dead, 17 injured migrants
Two migrants died and 17 were left injured on Monday after a traffic accident on Radovis-Stip road i...
- 8:35 PM | FM: Bulgaria to propose opening of EU-Macedonia accession negotiations
The Bulgarian Presidency of the EU Council will propose on Tuesday that Macedonia and Albania be inv...
- 8:23 PM | Macedonia expects heightened US support: deputy minister
Deputy Foreign Minister Andrej Zernovski and US Ambassador Jess Baily in a meeting on Monday praised...
- 7:50 PM | PM Zaev congratulates Turkey's Erdogan on election victory
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev sent Monday a letter to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan congratulating him ...