- Monday, March 06, 2017 5:02 PM
Ottawa, 6 March 2017 (MIA) - Canada calls on Macedonia’s leaders to allow the formation of a new government without delay, the country's Minister of Foreign Affairs Chrystia Freeland said Monday in a statement on the situation in Macedonia.
“We urge all parties to continue to uphold and reinforce our shared democratic principles, including respect for democratic institutions and the rule of law," stated the statement.
“We urge the President to perform his constitutional duty and accept the formation of a new government following the December 11, 2016, parliamentary elections in Macedonia," Freeland noted.
“We look to the government authorities in Skopje, including the President, to take the next step in the democratic process and in compliance with the constitution."
Canada, Freeland added, calls on all parties to exercise restraint and to act in the best interests of Macedonia and all its citizens. ba/17:00
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:20 PM | Zaev-Pence: Prespa Agreement secures Macedonia's Euro-Atlantic integration
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met Thursday in Washington with United States Vice President Mike Pence, w...
- 9:57 PM | DM Sekerinska: Citizens offered opportunity to realize wish for becoming part of EU, NATO
There is no doubt that citizens of Macedonia wish for their country to join the European Union and N...
- 8:45 PM | Germany, France help Western Balkans get rid of illicit arms
Germany and France have launched a project fighting illicit firearms trafficking in the Western Balk...
- 8:06 PM | Turkey slashes growth goals, warns of high inflation
Turkey slashed its growth projections and ramped up inflation predictions on Thursday, winning prais...
- 7:54 PM | Turkey fines Google over competition infringements
Turkey's Competition Authority has fined US tech giant Google around USD 15 million for violating co...