- Monday, March 20, 2017 9:47 AM
Washington, 20 March 2017 (MIA) - Macedonians from the Washington DC metro area gathered in front of the White House on Sunday in a rally in support of the initiative For a United Macedonia. Waving Macedonian flags and carrying signs calling for unity, they asked that the Republic of Macedonia continues to protect its identity and language.
"We express our full support to our brothers and sisters in Macedonia. We need to preserve our only motherland, our freedom and independence. Now, that we are finally our own masters, we can't let somebody else decide on our future, the future of our children and grandchildren. Macedonia is our country! Macedonians will decide for Macedonia, and no-one else", protest participant Milka Kovach told the Macedonian Television.
Rallies have been held daily across Macedonia in the past three weeks, as well as in cities across the world, to protest the Tirana platform and the proposal to form a Socialist led Government based on the platform.cc/09:46
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:29 PM | Turkey accuses EU of "favoring Balkan candidates"
Turkey's Ambassador to the EU Faruk Kaymakcı has told EURACTIV that the the European Commission was ...
- 4:17 PM | IPA project to improve competitiveness of domestic companies for cooperation with foreign investors
Enhancement of cooperation between domestic companies and foreign direct investments (FDIs) by raisi...
- 3:36 PM | New vaccines to protect children: health minister
The immunization calendar is enhanced by two new vaccines (pneumococcus and rotavirus), making Maced...
- 3:12 PM | Nikolovski: New technologies in agriculture, a priority of every country
Introduction of new technologies in agriculture is a priority for every country that wants to create...
- 2:56 PM | Population register not a substitute of population census: Minister
Citizens, organizations and companies in the coming two weeks have the chance to have an insight int...