- Monday, March 20, 2017 7:50 PM
Bucharest, 20 March 2017 (MIA) - U.S. Marines and Romanian troops are taking part in joint exercises on the Black Sea coast, AP reports.
In one maneuver Monday, they launched a Stinger missile at a surface-to-air firing range.
There are 450 Marines and 750 Romanian troops participating in the exercises to simulate defense of the Black Sea coastline and urban areas.
The Spring Storm 17 exercises aim to increase interoperability of Romanian and U.S. troops in a region where NATO members are uneasy after Russia's interventions in Ukraine.
The USS Carter Hall, LCAC Landing Craft Air Cushion and Assault Amphibious Vehicles are in Romania as part of the training, which began Thursday and ends Wednesday. lk/19:49
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:52 PM | Ex-interior minister Cavkov released from pre-trail detention on bail
Skopje Criminal Court released ex-interior minister Cavkov from pre-trial detention on bail in a for...
- 4:31 PM | Vienna to host fresh round of name talks on 25 April
The Macedonian, Greek Foreign Ministers, Nikola Dimitrov and Nikos Kotzias respectively, will meet U...
- 4:06 PM | Year of the Monkey to make its world premiere at Moscow Film Festival
Year of the Monkey, directed and written by Vladimir Blaževski, will make its world premiere at the ...
- 3:42 PM | Eurostat survey in honor of World Book Day
In 2016, households in the European Union (EU) spent over €90 billion or 1.1% of their total consump...
- 2:47 PM | Freedom of expression celebrated at World Book and Copyright Day event
UNESCO's World Book and Copyright Day was celebrated Monday at the National and University Library, ...