- Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:36 PM
Skopje, 20 April 2017 (MIA) - Defense Minister Zoran Jolevski met Thursday with students and professors from the U.S. Stanford University, who are paying a visit to Macedonia.
The meeting focused on security and migrations, highlighting Macedonia's contribution to stability in the region and Europe, the Defense Ministry said in a press release.
"The Macedonian army and police successfully managed the illegal migration attempts. Since the very beginning we urged for communication and coordination among countries affected by the crisis", said Jolevski.
According to him, the army's capabilities have been acquired through numerous exercises with NATO member-states, but also at international peacekeeping missions.
During their stay, the Stanford University students will also meet with ambassadors accredited in Macedonia. ik/17:35
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:44 PM | DM Sekerinska expects staunch US support of Macedonia’s accession to NATO
Defense Minister Radmila Sekerinska expects staunch US support of Macedonia’s accession to NATO. Spe...
- 4:29 PM | Turkey accuses EU of "favoring Balkan candidates"
Turkey's Ambassador to the EU Faruk Kaymakcı has told EURACTIV that the the European Commission was ...
- 4:17 PM | IPA project to improve competitiveness of domestic companies for cooperation with foreign investors
Enhancement of cooperation between domestic companies and foreign direct investments (FDIs) by raisi...
- 3:36 PM | New vaccines to protect children: health minister
The immunization calendar is enhanced by two new vaccines (pneumococcus and rotavirus), making Maced...
- 3:12 PM | Nikolovski: New technologies in agriculture, a priority of every country
Introduction of new technologies in agriculture is a priority for every country that wants to create...