- Friday, April 21, 2017 8:54 AM
Tirana, 21 April 2017 (MIA) - Albania's opposition says it will block the country's roads as part of its two-month campaign to have a caretaker Cabinet put in place to govern until the parliamentary election in June, AP reports.
Lulzim Basha, leader of the main opposition Democratic party, called on supporters to block the national roads countrywide at noon on Monday.
European Parliament negotiators are expected to arrive in the capital of Tirana that day to mediate between the governing left-wing coalition and the center-right opposition.
The opposition so far has declined to negotiate unless Prime Minister Edi Rama resigns.
The opposition alleges the sitting Cabinet will manipulate the vote and also wants to change the election date from June 18. Since mid-February, its supporters have blocked the main boulevard in Tirana and pitched a tent outside Rama's office. sk/08:53
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:47 PM | Hoxha: Cultural and Information Center of Macedonia to open in Tirana
At its 64. session, the Macedonian government adopted a decision to sign a contract with the Council...
- 4:44 PM | DM Sekerinska expects staunch US support of Macedonia’s accession to NATO
Defense Minister Radmila Sekerinska expects staunch US support of Macedonia’s accession to NATO. Spe...
- 4:29 PM | Turkey accuses EU of "favoring Balkan candidates"
Turkey's Ambassador to the EU Faruk Kaymakcı has told EURACTIV that the the European Commission was ...
- 4:17 PM | IPA project to improve competitiveness of domestic companies for cooperation with foreign investors
Enhancement of cooperation between domestic companies and foreign direct investments (FDIs) by raisi...
- 3:36 PM | New vaccines to protect children: health minister
The immunization calendar is enhanced by two new vaccines (pneumococcus and rotavirus), making Maced...