- Friday, May 19, 2017 1:19 PM
Skopje, 19 May 2017 (MIA) - Skopje police have filed criminal charges against a 60-year old man from Tetovo and a 22-year old man from Skopje for participating in a mob that will prevent police officers from performing their duties.
A mob of angry protesters stormed Parliament on April 27.
"The actions of the two charged man have been recorded by a surveillance camera and they were brought in for questioning where they have explained their actions in detail. They were released after being questioned," the Ministry of the Interior said Friday.
Furthermore, two men, aged 42 and 51 - who are employed at the Security and Counter-Intelligence Administration - were interviewed by police and later released. Adequate charges are expected to be lodged against them after a consultation with a public prosecutor.
The Skopje Internal Affairs Sector in cooperation with the Basic Public Prosecution says they are taking further measures to investigate the events of 27 April 2017 in Parliament and to identify and question other men who might have been involved in the incidents. ba/13:18
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:17 PM | North Korea agrees to accept U.N. agency staff over missiles
North Korea has agreed to allow International Civil Aviation Organization staff to conduct an on-sit...
- 4:07 PM | Homer’s Iliad to close 58th Ohrid Summer Festival on Monday
Macedonia’s biggest music and theatre event, the 58th edition of Ohrid Summer Festival, is to close ...
- 2:00 PM | Operational Employment Plan, Youth Guarantee programme - effective to reduce unemployment
2018 Operational Employment Plan and pilot programme Youth Guarantee are being successfully implemen...
- 11:17 AM | Portrait of academician Radovan Pavlovski at scientific and art visit in Uranija House-MANU
An event portraying the academician Radovan Pavlovski will be held Sunday evening within scientific ...
- 10:52 AM | Tough talks, no agreements at Merkel, Putin meeting near Berlin
Russian President Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel discussed the conflicts in Ukra...