- Saturday, June 17, 2017 4:18 PM
Vienna, 17 June 2017 (MIA) - The United Nations' special envoy for Syria says he plans a new round of peace talks in Geneva next month, AP reports.
Staffan de Mistura's office said Saturday that the aim is for delegates to arrive in the Swiss city on July 9 and for talks — the seventh round so far — to start the following day. It didn't specify how long the round is expected to last.
It said that de Mistura plans to convene further rounds of talks in August and September.
The U.N.-hosted Geneva talks between parties to the conflict in Syria are the main political forum for efforts to end the six-year conflict. ik/16:17
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:05 PM | Deputy PM: Macedonia gets positive EC report with clear, unconditional recommendation
Macedonia got an exceptionally positive report from the European Commission with a clear and uncondi...
- 1:19 PM | Armenia police detain protest leader Nikol Pashinyan in Yerevan
Police in Armenia have detained an opposition MP who has been leading anti-government protests.
- 1:13 PM | Serbian minister cancels visit to WWII service in Croatia after tense week
Serbian Defense Minister Aleksandar Vulin called off his visit to an annual Serb Orthodox memorial s...
- 1:02 PM | Export value rises 13% in first three months of 2018
Goods estimated at half a billion euros have been exported in the first three months of 2018 by the ...
- 12:15 PM | Secret Ingredient wins Best Debut award at LET'S CEE in Austria
Macedonian film director Gjorce Stavreski's Secret Ingredient won the Best Debut award at the LET's ...