- Sunday, June 18, 2017 2:59 PM
Skopje, 18 June 2017 (MIA) - Macedonia-Turkey high-level relations are characterized by friendship and mutual respect, agreed VMRO-DPMNE leader Nikola Gruevski and Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu at a meeting in Skopje on Sunday.
Gruevski stressed that Turkey is an important friend of Macedonia and supporter to its NATO membership aspirations. He said EU and NATO accession is Macedonia's strategic objective, adding the country has been on the sidelines for too long with steps needed to acknowledge everything that has been achieved in this regard thus far, VMRO-DPMNE said in a press release.
Gruevski also highlighted the constructive and active role of the Turkish community in Macedonia's democratic development. ik/14:58
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:05 PM | Deputy PM: Macedonia gets positive EC report with clear, unconditional recommendation
Macedonia got an exceptionally positive report from the European Commission with a clear and uncondi...
- 1:19 PM | Armenia police detain protest leader Nikol Pashinyan in Yerevan
Police in Armenia have detained an opposition MP who has been leading anti-government protests.
- 1:13 PM | Serbian minister cancels visit to WWII service in Croatia after tense week
Serbian Defense Minister Aleksandar Vulin called off his visit to an annual Serb Orthodox memorial s...
- 1:02 PM | Export value rises 13% in first three months of 2018
Goods estimated at half a billion euros have been exported in the first three months of 2018 by the ...
- 12:15 PM | Secret Ingredient wins Best Debut award at LET'S CEE in Austria
Macedonian film director Gjorce Stavreski's Secret Ingredient won the Best Debut award at the LET's ...