- Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:40 PM
Valona, 16 July 2017 (MIA) - A 24 year old man from Tetovo identified as B.F. drowned in the Albanian seaside resort town of Valona, while he was trying to save two women from drowning. The women, aged 25 and 27 from Tirana and Valona, also ended up dead.
The tragic incident happened on Saturday afternoon at the Zvernec beach. A strong wave swept the two women. Begged to help them out by the sister of one of them, the man entered the sea and swam toward them. Police also arrived at the scene and joined in the effort, but it too late.
Another 14 year old boy drowned on the same day in a separate incident in Valona.cc/12:39
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:05 PM | Deputy PM: Macedonia gets positive EC report with clear, unconditional recommendation
Macedonia got an exceptionally positive report from the European Commission with a clear and uncondi...
- 1:19 PM | Armenia police detain protest leader Nikol Pashinyan in Yerevan
Police in Armenia have detained an opposition MP who has been leading anti-government protests.
- 1:13 PM | Serbian minister cancels visit to WWII service in Croatia after tense week
Serbian Defense Minister Aleksandar Vulin called off his visit to an annual Serb Orthodox memorial s...
- 1:02 PM | Export value rises 13% in first three months of 2018
Goods estimated at half a billion euros have been exported in the first three months of 2018 by the ...
- 12:15 PM | Secret Ingredient wins Best Debut award at LET'S CEE in Austria
Macedonian film director Gjorce Stavreski's Secret Ingredient won the Best Debut award at the LET's ...