- Monday, July 17, 2017 10:36 AM
Skopje, 17 July 2017 (MIA) - German-Austrian comedy-drama film “Toni Erdmann” film directed, written and co-produced by Maren Ade will be screened Monday evening within Skopje Summer Festival. It stars Peter Simonischek and Sandra Hüller.
The film, which premiered in competition at the Cannes Film Festival, was named the best film of 2016 by Sight & Sound and other respected cinema magazines.
It won five awards at the 29th European Film Awards: Best Film (a first for a film directed by a woman), Best Director, Best Screenwriter, Best Actor, and Best Actress. It also won the European Parliament LUX Prize. It was nominated for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 89th Academy Awards and was considered the strong favourite for the award; it lost to The Salesman. sk/10:33
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:47 PM | Hoxha: Cultural and Information Center of Macedonia to open in Tirana
At its 64. session, the Macedonian government adopted a decision to sign a contract with the Council...
- 4:44 PM | DM Sekerinska expects staunch US support of Macedonia’s accession to NATO
Defense Minister Radmila Sekerinska expects staunch US support of Macedonia’s accession to NATO. Spe...
- 4:29 PM | Turkey accuses EU of "favoring Balkan candidates"
Turkey's Ambassador to the EU Faruk Kaymakcı has told EURACTIV that the the European Commission was ...
- 4:17 PM | IPA project to improve competitiveness of domestic companies for cooperation with foreign investors
Enhancement of cooperation between domestic companies and foreign direct investments (FDIs) by raisi...
- 3:36 PM | New vaccines to protect children: health minister
The immunization calendar is enhanced by two new vaccines (pneumococcus and rotavirus), making Maced...