- Monday, July 17, 2017 2:31 PM
Skopje, 17 July 2017 (MIA) - Supreme Court president Jovan Vangelovski met Monday with the Senior Experts' Group on systemic rule of law issues, led by Reinhard Priebe.
The meeting focused on current developments in the judicial field and draft-measures and reforms aimed at an independent and impartial judiciary as a guarantee for democracy and the rule of law, protection of human rights and liberties, the Supreme Court said in a press release.
The Senior Experts' Group pays a week-long visit to Macedonia.
Priebe led the Senior Experts' Group that drew up the Urgent Reform Priorities to be fulfilled by the Republic of Macedonia in the fields of rule of law and fundamental rights, de-politicisation of the public administration, freedom of expression and electoral reform. ik/14:27
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:47 PM | Hoxha: Cultural and Information Center of Macedonia to open in Tirana
At its 64. session, the Macedonian government adopted a decision to sign a contract with the Council...
- 4:44 PM | DM Sekerinska expects staunch US support of Macedonia’s accession to NATO
Defense Minister Radmila Sekerinska expects staunch US support of Macedonia’s accession to NATO. Spe...
- 4:29 PM | Turkey accuses EU of "favoring Balkan candidates"
Turkey's Ambassador to the EU Faruk Kaymakcı has told EURACTIV that the the European Commission was ...
- 4:17 PM | IPA project to improve competitiveness of domestic companies for cooperation with foreign investors
Enhancement of cooperation between domestic companies and foreign direct investments (FDIs) by raisi...
- 3:36 PM | New vaccines to protect children: health minister
The immunization calendar is enhanced by two new vaccines (pneumococcus and rotavirus), making Maced...