- Monday, July 17, 2017 6:06 PM
Thessaloniki, 17 July 2017 (MIA) - A sudden and heavy rainfall in Thessaloniki and other parts of northern Greece caused major traffic disruption and other problems on Monday.
Due to the hours of rainfall, many regional roads were flooded, blocking motorists and leading to several road accidents though no injuries had been reported by late afternoon, Kathimerini reported.
In Halkidiki, where similar weather conditions prevailed, the regional fire service was called dozens of times to pump out flooded ground-floor and basement apartments and businesses. ba/18:05
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:29 PM | Ex-NATO sec gen Lord Robertson to visit Macedonia on Tuesday
A delegation of diplomats, led by former NATO secretary general George Robertson, will visit Macedon...
- 4:52 PM | Ex-interior minister Cavkov released from pre-trail detention on bail
Skopje Criminal Court released ex-interior minister Cavkov from pre-trial detention on bail in a for...
- 4:31 PM | Vienna to host fresh round of name talks on 25 April
The Macedonian, Greek Foreign Ministers, Nikola Dimitrov and Nikos Kotzias respectively, will meet U...
- 4:06 PM | Year of the Monkey to make its world premiere at Moscow Film Festival
Year of the Monkey, directed and written by Vladimir Blaževski, will make its world premiere at the ...
- 3:42 PM | Eurostat survey in honor of World Book Day
In 2016, households in the European Union (EU) spent over €90 billion or 1.1% of their total consump...