- Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5:02 PM
Algiers, 18 July 2017 (MIA) - Macedonia opened the Men's Junior World Handball Championship with a 29:22 win over Russia on Tuesday.
Despite losing 10:11 at halftime, Macedonia managed to take the lead in the second half and never looked back.
Filip Arsenovski was Macedonia's leading scorer with seven goals, followed by Filip Kuzmanovski with 6, while goalkeeper Martin Tomovski had 10 saves.
In the Group C other matches, Spain beat Brazil 29:21 while Tunisia crushed Burkina Faso 50:17.
In the second round to be played on Thursday, Macedonia goes against Burkina Faso.
The top four teams in the group advance to the Last 16 stage. ik/17:00
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:08 PM | PM: Greece seen meeting fiscal targets, no fiscal gap in 2018/9
Greece and its foreign creditors agreed that the country will meet its fiscal targets in the coming ...
- 7:54 PM | FinMin Tevdovski: Public debt put under control
For the first time after more than 10 years, public debt has been put under control, Finance Ministe...
- 6:45 PM | Macedonia and Poland celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
‘Makedonissimo’ project - transcriptions of Macedonian traditional music by Pande Shahov in collabor...
- 6:08 PM | U.S. threatens 'strongest' sanctions on Iran, seeks sweeping change
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday threatened to impose the “strongest sanctions in history” a...
- 5:41 PM | Original reporting makes up only seven percent of TV news broadcasts
A recent survey of eight Macedonian TV networks has shown that local journalists take the initiative...