- Saturday, July 29, 2017 3:13 PM
Madrid, 29 July 2017 (MIA) - Regional government authorities in southeastern Spain say a wildfire has forced the evacuation of 300 people and burned 1,000 hectares (2,471 acres) of pine forest, AP reports.
Francisco Martinez, the regional head of agriculture, environment and rural development for Castilla-La Mancha, says residents from 10 small towns and visitors at a campsite have been relocated.
Over 150 firefighters supported by air units were fighting the fire on Saturday. The blaze started on Friday and spread into the National Park of Los Calares del Rio Mundo.
Spain and neighboring Portugal are prone to forest fires during the typically dry and hot summer months. sk/15:13
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:22 PM | 47 suspected coup supporters detained by Turkish Police
Turkish police have apprehended 47 people accused of participating in the 2016 failed military coup,...
- 2:14 PM | DURA Automotive Systems to open new facility in Macedonia
Directorate for Technological Industrial Development Zones signed contract for long-term lease of co...
- 1:31 PM | Angjusev: Macedonia made huge steps in energy sector reforms
Macedonia has made huge steps in energy sector reforms in one year, Deputy PM for Economic Affairs K...
- 12:56 PM | Mancevski: Western Balkan countries work together to transform public administration
The Western Balkan countries work together to transform public administration, to connect digitally ...
- 12:06 PM | PM Zaev to visit Austria and Poland
A government delegation led by Prime Minister Zoran Zaev will pay official visit to Austria on June ...