- Saturday, August 12, 2017 12:44 PM
Pristina, 12 August 2017 (MIA) - United States Ambassador to Pristina, Greg Delawie says it is time for people in Kosovo so find a solution, not wait foreigners to do this for them.
"I think what we really need to see here is a Kosovo-based solution. The math is unassailable. You have three groups that each have in the neighborhood of one-third of the members of Parliament. It is clear that a compromise is going to have to be made and there has to be a Kosovo-generated compromise, not a foreigner-generated compromise", Delawie says in an interview with KTV.
He believes it is really important is for all of Kosovo’s politicians to find a way to put the interests of their country first, not their family, not their political party, but the country.
"It is really important that Kosovo have an Assembly, that Kosovo have a government. The world is just not going to wait for Kosovo to figure out itself. The world is moving and Kosovo has got to move too. The stasis really needs to come to an end. I would encourage all of the politicians here to find a way to advance Kosovo’s interests and to advance the interests of Kosovo’s citizens", adds Delawie.
He also encourages Serbia and Kosovo to continue with the dialogue.
"Certainly for both Kosovo and Serbia, the normalization of relations between the two countries is essential for them to make their progress toward the European institutions that both talk about", stresses Ambassador Delawie. ik/12:42
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:32 PM | Osmani: I believe that opposition will realize that the country has no future without EU and NATO
Deputy PM for European Affairs Bujar Osmani considers that opposing of VMRO-DPMNE to the name deal w...
- 3:55 PM | Fund for Innovations says procedure of first call on Economic Growth Plan is transparent
The Fund for Innovations and Technology Development said Sunday that the procedure for conducting th...
- 3:04 PM | Ex-Trump adviser Steve Bannon planning foundation to boost far right in Europe: Report
US President Donald Trump's controversial former adviser Steve Bannon plans to set up a foundation i...
- 2:54 PM | Kotzias: Citizens of the neighbouring country have the right to self-determination
We cannot change the universal right the neighbours to be called Macedonians, at an individual or un...
- 1:36 PM | Angjusev urges his companies’ co-owners to withdraw applications for Government’s Economic Growth Plan funding measures
Deputy PM for Economic Affairs Koco Angjusev urged co-owners of his companies to reconsider decision...