- Saturday, August 12, 2017 2:06 PM
Skopje, 12 August 2017 (MIA) - VMRO-DPMNE MPs filed Saturday a no-confidence motion against Minister of Culture Robert Alagjozovski.
VMRO-DPMNE MP Ane Laskoska said there has been a backward trend in the culture sector since Alagjozovski's appointment, because of partisan employments, selection and discrimination of artists and cultural activists, negligence of cultural heritage, stoppage of capital investments in the culture field etc.
"We believe this institution has reached the bottom since Robert Alagjozovski was appointed minister 70 days ago. He needs to go and be replaced with an honest person, one who takes care of the cultural and historical heritage, respecting all artists and cultural activists, one who will promote Macedonia's culture both in the country and abroad", said Laskoska.
She also referred to the cuts in the culture sector through the recently adopted budget rebalance.
Today's no-confidence motion is the sixth by the opposition party VMRO-DPMNE over the past week, following those against the ministers of agriculture, labor and social policy, foreign affairs, finance and environment. ik/14:05
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:32 PM | Osmani: I believe that opposition will realize that the country has no future without EU and NATO
Deputy PM for European Affairs Bujar Osmani considers that opposing of VMRO-DPMNE to the name deal w...
- 3:55 PM | Fund for Innovations says procedure of first call on Economic Growth Plan is transparent
The Fund for Innovations and Technology Development said Sunday that the procedure for conducting th...
- 3:04 PM | Ex-Trump adviser Steve Bannon planning foundation to boost far right in Europe: Report
US President Donald Trump's controversial former adviser Steve Bannon plans to set up a foundation i...
- 2:54 PM | Kotzias: Citizens of the neighbouring country have the right to self-determination
We cannot change the universal right the neighbours to be called Macedonians, at an individual or un...
- 1:36 PM | Angjusev urges his companies’ co-owners to withdraw applications for Government’s Economic Growth Plan funding measures
Deputy PM for Economic Affairs Koco Angjusev urged co-owners of his companies to reconsider decision...