- Sunday, August 13, 2017 10:24 AM
Kosovo, 13 August 2017 (MIA) - The International Monetary Fund (IMF) will shelve a final review of its stand-by arrangement (SBA) with Kosovo, as well as the final disbursement of around EUR 15 million because of the absence of a new regular government.
In July 2015 the IMF and Kosovo signed a 22-month SBA that resulted in maintaining fiscal discipline. In March, the SBA was extended by several months to August.
Kosovo held early general elections on June 11, but their result was inconclusive with none of the three big players winning enough votes to form a government alone.
“The final review of the SBA will not be completed, as the fourth review mission could not take place in June as scheduled. This because it is standard IMF practice not to conduct review missions around elections to preserve the Fund’s longstanding political impartiality,” says Ruud Vermeulen, the IMF resident representative in Kosovo.
The mission could not take place after the elections because there is not as yet a new government in place, with the programme expiring on August 4. ik/10:23
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:32 PM | Osmani: I believe that opposition will realize that the country has no future without EU and NATO
Deputy PM for European Affairs Bujar Osmani considers that opposing of VMRO-DPMNE to the name deal w...
- 3:55 PM | Fund for Innovations says procedure of first call on Economic Growth Plan is transparent
The Fund for Innovations and Technology Development said Sunday that the procedure for conducting th...
- 3:04 PM | Ex-Trump adviser Steve Bannon planning foundation to boost far right in Europe: Report
US President Donald Trump's controversial former adviser Steve Bannon plans to set up a foundation i...
- 2:54 PM | Kotzias: Citizens of the neighbouring country have the right to self-determination
We cannot change the universal right the neighbours to be called Macedonians, at an individual or un...
- 1:36 PM | Angjusev urges his companies’ co-owners to withdraw applications for Government’s Economic Growth Plan funding measures
Deputy PM for Economic Affairs Koco Angjusev urged co-owners of his companies to reconsider decision...