- Sunday, August 13, 2017 11:01 AM
Tirana, 13 August 2017 (MIA) - Albanian police director Haki Cako says cooperation between the Albanian and Macedonia police services, including those of the border polices, is excellent and represents an example for the region.
Cako paid a visit to the Kjafasan border crossing near Struga for briefing over measures undertaken during the tourism season, but also tightened controls towards preventing the increasing number of Albanian asylum seekers in the EU.
"Cooperation with the Macedonian police is aimed at preventing cross-border crime, and organized crime involving illicit trade. Our cooperation can be a model for other police services", said Cako.
During the visit, the Albanian police officials met with representatives of the Macedonian border police. ik/10:58
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:00 PM | Belgrade-Pristina dialogue resumes in September
The next meeting of the Serbia and Kosovo presidents Aleksandar Vucic and Hashim Thaci will take pla...
- 3:31 PM | Leaders’ meeting resumes Monday morning
A fresh round of talks including only the leaders of the four main parliamentary parties - Zoran Zae...
- 3:06 PM | Zaev: Long-awaited construction of hydro system Konsko begins (video)
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Economy Ljupco Nikolovski, Ge...
- 1:57 PM | Pianist Vadym Kholodenko to give solo recital at Ohrid Summer Festival
Following last night’s performance together with the violinist Alena Baeva at the Ohrid Summer Festi...
- 1:41 PM | Putin says Russia's World Cup stadiums should remain soccer venues
Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Friday that the country's 12 World Cup venues should be mai...