- Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:58 PM
Washington, 27 September 2017 (MIA) - Macedonia is the next country to join NATO, former commander of the Alliance, James Stavridis said, adding that this would be the next step towards the unification and strengthening of the Balkans.
I hope Greece will be able to resolve the name dispute with Macedonia, which will open the door for Macedonia to become part of NATO. I think Macedonia will join the Alliance, Stavridis told Voice of America.
US Vice President Mike Pence, on behalf of President Donald Tramp, earlier this month also reiterated his country's support for Macedonia's Euro-Atlantic integration in a phone conversation with Prime Minister Zoran Zaev.
Pence said that the United States continues to support Macedonia’s Euro-Atlantic aspirations, and encouraged Zaev to continue with reforms that will speed up Macedonia’s path in that direction, the White House announced at the time. sk/12:54
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 7:32 PM | EU parliament demands independent probe into Slovak reporter's murder
The European Parliament called Thursday on Slovakia to ensure a full and independent investigation i...
- 7:32 PM | FM Dimitrov to visit Luxembourg on Friday
Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov will pay Friday a return visit to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, up...
- 7:04 PM | U.S. Ambassador Baily congratulates Macedonia on EU recommendation
United States Ambassador Jess Baily has congratulated Macedonia on obtaining the clear recommendatio...
- 6:46 PM | EU foreign policy chief praises Montenegro's role in Balkans
The European Union foreign policy chief has praised Montenegro's role in the volatile Balkan region,...
- 6:19 PM | Turkey steps in to complete construction of Skopje-based Turkish Theater
The construction of a new building housing the Turkish Theater in Skopje will be completed in cooper...