- Friday, October 06, 2017 2:48 PM
Skopje, 6 October 2017 (MIA) - Stip police have filed criminal charges against the mayor of Berovo in connection to abuse of office.
"Criminal charges have been lodged against the 59-year old D.N., who is suspected of abuse of official capacity. As a public office holder, the mayor of the Municipality of Berovo between 1 July 2015 and 1 July 2017 on several occasions has abused his authorizations by using the official vehicle of the Municipality without providing beforehand a certificate for a business trip abroad by an authorized body in the municipality," police said Friday.
The 59-year old man by driving the vehicle 'to meet personal needs and the needs of other people that were transported in the vehicle' has damaged the budget of the Municipality of Berovo in eastern Macedonia. ba/14:47
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:53 PM | Forest fire burns west of Athens, residents flee on mopeds
A swift-moving forest fire burned through a mountainous area west of Athens on Monday, prompting res...
- 4:51 PM | VMRO-DPMNE's Mickoski: Gov't accepts opposition demands
Party leaders have reached an agreement on the law on the financing of political parties, a Przino-s...
- 4:49 PM | Sweden faces 'extreme' risk of even more wildfires
Sweden is facing an "extreme" risk of more wildfires in coming days, authorities warned on Monday. ...
- 4:44 PM | I’m ‘very happy’ with progress in North Korea talk, says Trump
US President Donald Trump on Monday lashed out at the media for what he said was “Fake News” about d...
- 4:08 PM | Leaders’ meeting brings agreement on ‘Przino Government, State Election Commission and financing of political parties (video)
After six-hour talks, the leaders of four main parties in Macedonia reached an agreement Monday on t...