- Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:39 PM
Skopje, 12 October 2017 (MIA) - The Skopje-based Criminal Court sentenced Pance Angelov, the person who attacked current Defense Minister Radmila Sekerinska during the April 27 incidents in the Parliament, to four years in prison on Thursday.
Angelov pleaded guilty to the charges and his lawyer asked the court to take into account the mitigating circumstances - admission, age, regret and no prior criminal record.
During the events, Angelov pulled Sekerinska by the hair after she had been struck by a metal stand in the head. The indictment reads that Angelov was part of the first group that stormed the Parliament. He issued verbal threats to SDSM leader Zoran Zaev and afterwards attacked Sekerinska. ik/13:38
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:53 PM | Forest fire burns west of Athens, residents flee on mopeds
A swift-moving forest fire burned through a mountainous area west of Athens on Monday, prompting res...
- 4:51 PM | VMRO-DPMNE's Mickoski: Gov't accepts opposition demands
Party leaders have reached an agreement on the law on the financing of political parties, a Przino-s...
- 4:49 PM | Sweden faces 'extreme' risk of even more wildfires
Sweden is facing an "extreme" risk of more wildfires in coming days, authorities warned on Monday. ...
- 4:44 PM | I’m ‘very happy’ with progress in North Korea talk, says Trump
US President Donald Trump on Monday lashed out at the media for what he said was “Fake News” about d...
- 4:08 PM | Leaders’ meeting brings agreement on ‘Przino Government, State Election Commission and financing of political parties (video)
After six-hour talks, the leaders of four main parties in Macedonia reached an agreement Monday on t...