- Friday, November 10, 2017 11:21 AM
Skopje, 10 November 2017 (MIA) - Diplomatic Club-Skopje says the Skopje-based airport should be renamed after former Macedonian President Kiro Gligorov.
"The numerous global missions of President Gligorov started and ended at the Skopje airport, his travels dedicated to peace and friendship, as well as international promotion of the country. Protocol events such as hoisting of the national flag, playing of the national anthem, lining up of the honor guard, were introduced during his term as president, promoting the country as an independent and sovereign state", says the Diplomatic Club.
It adds that renaming the airport after Gligorov would materialize his great role in the process of Macedonia's establishment as a modern state - a permanent monument in the people's collective memory.
This year marks the 100th anniversary from the birth of Kiro Gligorov (1917-2012). ik/11:19
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:28 PM | Three children aged 4, 2, 1 die in Veles fire
Three children aged 4, 2 and 1 died in a fire that broke out on the outskirts of Veles late on Wedne...
- 9:20 PM | Erdogan says Turkey became safe haven for refugees, West hid behind barbed wires
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday Turkey became a safe haven for refugees while the W...
- 8:57 PM | Trump to order end of immediate immigrant family separations at U.S. border
U.S. President Donald Trump said he would sign an executive order on immigration on Wednesday to end...
- 8:46 PM | WC 2018: Uruguay makes knockout stage, Saudi Arabia out after 1-0 loss
Uruguay beat Saudi Arabia 1-0 on Wednesday thanks to a goal from striker Luis Suarez, propelling the...
- 8:41 PM | Committee for changes in Macedonian, Greek instruction books in coming weeks
A committee working on changes in instruction books in both Macedonia and Greece will be established...