- Friday, November 17, 2017 11:08 AM
Skopje, 17 November 2017(MIA) - Thessaloniki Mayor Yiannis Boutaris has again used name 'Macedonia' in reference to the neighboring country during his visit to Skopje on Thursday, Greek media report.
Speaking in English after a meeting with Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, Boutaris proposed that the next meeting of the prime ministers of Greece and 'Macedonia' is held in Thessaloniki.
The Greek media say Boutaris also used name 'Macedonia' in an interview for a TV station during last year's visit to Skopje.
During the visit, taking place amid efforts to implement confidence-building measures between the two countries, Boutaris met with PM Zaev, President Gjorge Ivanov and Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov. ik/11:07
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:30 PM | Dukovski's new play Ghost to premiere at MNT
Dejan Dukovski's new play Ghost directed by Srgjan Janikjievikj will premiere at the Macedonian Nati...
- 2:29 PM | Plan 18 is in initial phase, relates to activities by end of 2018
Plan 18 is in the initial phase and relates to activities that should be undertaken by end of 2018 b...
- 2:14 PM | Four young innovators to represent Macedonia at US global competition
Macedonia will be represented at a world competition in the US city of Detroit by four students from...
- 2:02 PM | Open questions remain for Sofia summit host
Bulgaria is preparing a complicated choreography for the upcoming EU-Western Balkans Summit in Sofia...
- 2:00 PM | Angjusev: Government focusing on infrastructure projects
The European Commission report depicts the Macedonian economy very clearly and precisely, and the Go...