- Friday, November 17, 2017 11:08 AM
Skopje, 17 November 2017(MIA) - Thessaloniki Mayor Yiannis Boutaris has again used name 'Macedonia' in reference to the neighboring country during his visit to Skopje on Thursday, Greek media report.
Speaking in English after a meeting with Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, Boutaris proposed that the next meeting of the prime ministers of Greece and 'Macedonia' is held in Thessaloniki.
The Greek media say Boutaris also used name 'Macedonia' in an interview for a TV station during last year's visit to Skopje.
During the visit, taking place amid efforts to implement confidence-building measures between the two countries, Boutaris met with PM Zaev, President Gjorge Ivanov and Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov. ik/11:07
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:00 PM | Belgrade-Pristina dialogue resumes in September
The next meeting of the Serbia and Kosovo presidents Aleksandar Vucic and Hashim Thaci will take pla...
- 3:31 PM | Leaders’ meeting resumes Monday morning
A fresh round of talks including only the leaders of the four main parliamentary parties - Zoran Zae...
- 3:06 PM | Zaev: Long-awaited construction of hydro system Konsko begins (video)
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Economy Ljupco Nikolovski, Ge...
- 1:57 PM | Pianist Vadym Kholodenko to give solo recital at Ohrid Summer Festival
Following last night’s performance together with the violinist Alena Baeva at the Ohrid Summer Festi...
- 1:41 PM | Putin says Russia's World Cup stadiums should remain soccer venues
Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Friday that the country's 12 World Cup venues should be mai...