- Friday, November 17, 2017 11:08 AM
Skopje, 17 November 2017(MIA) - Thessaloniki Mayor Yiannis Boutaris has again used name 'Macedonia' in reference to the neighboring country during his visit to Skopje on Thursday, Greek media report.
Speaking in English after a meeting with Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, Boutaris proposed that the next meeting of the prime ministers of Greece and 'Macedonia' is held in Thessaloniki.
The Greek media say Boutaris also used name 'Macedonia' in an interview for a TV station during last year's visit to Skopje.
During the visit, taking place amid efforts to implement confidence-building measures between the two countries, Boutaris met with PM Zaev, President Gjorge Ivanov and Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov. ik/11:07
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:10 PM | SPO questions ex-Lustration Committee head
Former head of the Lustration Committee, Tome Adziev, on Monday was summoned for questioning by the ...
- 4:28 PM | Merkel vows to restore Germans’ confidence in government
Chancellor Angela Merkel vowed Monday to do more to restore Germans' confidence in her unhappy coali...
- 3:46 PM | Prespa Agreement to be ratified in Greek Parliament: minister
The Prespa Agreement is an important and beneficial agreement for both Greece and the region and it ...
- 2:50 PM | USAID helps in full liberalization of energy market
This is essentially the solution and assistance for resolving the energy problems in the Republic of...
- 2:31 PM | Ministers sign declaration on improved status of rural women
Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Economy Ljupco Nikolovski and Minister of Labor and Soci...