- Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:36 PM
Skopje, 12 December 2017 (MIA) - Macedonia's government at its regular session on Tuesday has earmarked MKD six million (about EUR 97,600) in financial support and additional humanitarian aid to flood-affected regions in Albania.
At least one death was confirmed and travel was brought to a halt by widespread flooding that swamped many parts of Albania in early December. Continued rain and flooding prompted the evacuation of 600 families in two of the country's southwestern districts, local media reported.
More than 3,000 homes, 56 schools and 16,000 hectares of agricultural land have been flooded. Many roads and 28 bridges have been damaged. Albania's authorities have started calculating the damage to consider financial compensation, the reports said. lk/20:35
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:22 PM | 47 suspected coup supporters detained by Turkish Police
Turkish police have apprehended 47 people accused of participating in the 2016 failed military coup,...
- 2:14 PM | DURA Automotive Systems to open new facility in Macedonia
Directorate for Technological Industrial Development Zones signed contract for long-term lease of co...
- 1:31 PM | Angjusev: Macedonia made huge steps in energy sector reforms
Macedonia has made huge steps in energy sector reforms in one year, Deputy PM for Economic Affairs K...
- 12:56 PM | Mancevski: Western Balkan countries work together to transform public administration
The Western Balkan countries work together to transform public administration, to connect digitally ...
- 12:06 PM | PM Zaev to visit Austria and Poland
A government delegation led by Prime Minister Zoran Zaev will pay official visit to Austria on June ...