- Friday, December 15, 2017 3:51 PM
Skopje, 15 December 2017 (MIA) - Italy supports Macedonia's bid to join the Euro-Atlantic organizations, Vannino Chiti, Chairperson of the Committee on European Union Policies of the Italian Senate said Friday in Skopje at a meeting with Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi.
Xhaferi on his part extended gratitude over Italy's regular support of Macedonia's EU/NATO aspirations, saying that the country has been working hard to implement the necessary reforms that should lead to launch of the EU accession talks in 2018.
Speaking about Macedonia's relations with its neighbors, Xhaferi notified the friendship treaty with Bulgaria and ongoing activities under the UN mediation for finding a dignified, mutually acceptable solution to the name issue with Greece. lk/15:51
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:34 PM | Macedonia becomes full-fledged member of Adriatic-Ionian Initiative
On an invitation of Italian Foreign Minister Angelino Alfano, a delegation of Macedonia’s Foreign Mi...
- 3:30 PM | Greek media on new name talks round in New York
Greek media are reporting extensively Thursday about the fresh round of Athens-Skopje name talks in ...
- 2:58 PM | North Korea nuclear test tunnels at Punggye-ri destroyed
North Korea followed through on a pledge to blow up tunnels at its nuclear test site on Thursday, me...
- 2:51 PM | Migrants block northern Greek highway in 2nd day of protests
Some 250 asylum-seekers have blocked a busy northern Greek highway, in a second day of protests agai...
- 2:18 PM | Zaev-Mickoski TV duel: Citizens expect solution to name issue
There is no alternative for Macedonia but the EU, NATO membership and thus creativity, leadership is...