- Thursday, December 21, 2017 10:49 AM
Skopje, 21 December 2017 (MIA) - Trial in the Special Prosecutor Office (SPO) case "Toplik" over the construction of residential settlement "Soncev Grad" (Sun City) has been adjourned until 30 January 2018.
The trial has been postponed due to the absence of two defense lawyers, who are hired in SPO case "Trust", also scheduled for Thursday.
Former minister of transport and communications Mile Janakieski is the primary defendant in the case. He is charged with ordering the selection of a bidder for the purchase of state-owned land and the construction of residential complex "Soncev Grad" in Sopiste municipality, although the bidding company did not meet the required criteria.
SPO says evidence show that upon termination of the contract, the ministry committed itself to paying EUR 1 million in debt and interest to legal entity "Sun City". ik/10:47
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:51 PM | EU's Tusk tells Kosovo to improve relations with Serbia
Donald Tusk, president of the European Council, urged Kosovo on Thursday to improve relations with S...
- 8:24 PM | Pompeo becomes U.S. secretary of state as Iran, North Korea issues await
The U.S. Senate confirmed Mike Pompeo as President Donald Trump’s secretary of state on Thursday, pu...
- 8:13 PM | Speaker Xhaferi meets Croatia’s President Grabar-Kitarovic
Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi held talks Thursday with Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovi...
- 7:26 PM | 70 countries promise new measures against funding of terrorism
Some 70 countries have promised to take new measures to prevent the funding of terrorist organizatio...
- 5:59 PM | Macedonia and Iran pledge to boost trade cooperation
Businessmen from Iran consider Macedonia a gateway to the region and Europe in general. On the other...