- Thursday, December 21, 2017 10:49 AM
Skopje, 21 December 2017 (MIA) - Trial in the Special Prosecutor Office (SPO) case "Toplik" over the construction of residential settlement "Soncev Grad" (Sun City) has been adjourned until 30 January 2018.
The trial has been postponed due to the absence of two defense lawyers, who are hired in SPO case "Trust", also scheduled for Thursday.
Former minister of transport and communications Mile Janakieski is the primary defendant in the case. He is charged with ordering the selection of a bidder for the purchase of state-owned land and the construction of residential complex "Soncev Grad" in Sopiste municipality, although the bidding company did not meet the required criteria.
SPO says evidence show that upon termination of the contract, the ministry committed itself to paying EUR 1 million in debt and interest to legal entity "Sun City". ik/10:47
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:13 PM | Macedonia’s government decides to launch referendum campaign
At its regular session Tuesday, the government adopted a decision on launching a public campaign on ...
- 8:17 PM | Turkish court frees two Greek soldiers pending espionage trial: agency
A Turkish court has released two Greek soldiers pending their trial on espionage charges, state-run ...
- 6:51 PM | President Ivanov awards certificates to participants in ‘Day with Macedonian leading CEOs’
At a formal ceremony on Tuesday President Gjorge Ivanov handed over certificates to the participants...
- 6:35 PM | Minister Sugareski denies tender for subsidies was annulled 'deliberately'
It's not true that the government deliberately annulled the public call for awarding financial suppo...
- 5:05 PM | Genoa motorway collapse kills at least 22 (UPD)
A motorway bridge has collapsed in the northwest Italian city of Genoa, sending vehicles plummeting ...