- Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:02 PM
Skopje, 3 January 2018 (MIA) - Representatives of the 'Bioengineering' company Goran and Ivan Kungulovski presented Wednesday a scientific project to Prime Minister Zoran Zaev on 'Personalized Genetics - Genome and Exome Sequencing', which could be applied in diagnosing, pharmacogenetics and other areas of preventive medicine, the government said in a press release.
This methodology offers precise and timely diagnosis, enabling a personalized therapy that should be more effective and cause fewer side effects than the standard options. The introduction of new technologies based on genetic information are a potential tool in pre-natal medicine, fatal and rare diseases, the press release reads.
Zaev commend the young biologists for their enthusiasm and hard work, saying that the government would support all initiatives that would bring scientific progress in general, especially to the sphere of medicine. lk/21:01
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 7:45 PM | Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign for allegedly disrupting 2016 election
The Democratic Party sued Russia, Republican President Donald Trump's campaign and WikiLeaks on Frid...
- 7:01 PM | Luxembourg reaffirms its support of Macedonia’s bid to join Euro-Atlantic organizations
The Macedonian, Luxembourgian Foreign Ministers, Nikola Dimitrov and Jean Asselborn respectively, ex...
- 6:45 PM | Trump rails against high oil prices, OPEC pushes back
U.S. President Donald Trump accused OPEC on Friday of “artificially” boosting oil prices after a yea...
- 6:44 PM | European Council President Tusk to visit Macedonia on 27 April
European Council President Donald Tusk will travel to Tirana, Podgorica, Belgrade, Sarajevo and Skop...
- 6:29 PM | EU integration progress to boost economic growth, FinMin tells Bloomberg
The European Commission’s recommendation for the Republic of Macedonia to start European Union entry...