- Thursday, January 11, 2018 5:08 PM
Tirana, 11 January 2018 (MIA) - Today's adoption of the law on the use of languages in Macedonia dominated the headlines in Albania.
Albanian media have been widely reporting about the adoption hailing it as 'a historic event' that finally makes the Albanian language in Macedonia official.
Top state officials also welcomed the law's adoption.
"The enactment by the parliament in Skopje of the law on the Albanian language is a historic achievement for the Albanians that democratizes and strengthens Macedonia itself," Albanian Premier Edi Rama said in a post on his Facebook profile.
Albania's President Ilir Meta also commended the move saying it was 'a vital act not only for the Albanians, but also for the European future of Macedonia.' ba/17:06
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:43 PM | Football fan group ‘Komiti’ seeks justice for its late member Nikola Sazdovski
Members and supporters of football fan group ‘Komiti’ took to streets of Skopje late Monday to marc...
- 8:15 PM | Trump and Putin vow reset in ties
Presidents Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin vowed a fresh start to troubled relations between the wor...
- 6:34 PM | Russian embassy says Zaev statement 'politically irresponsible'
The Skopje-based Russian Embassy said Monday the statement of Prime Minister Zoran Zaev that Russian...
- 5:29 PM | EUR 180,000 for celebration of Macedonia’s NATO membership invitation across the country
The budget expenditure for celebrating Macedonia’s NATO membership invitation in 15 cities across th...
- 5:14 PM | Turkey stops registering Syrian refugees: HRW
Turkish authorities have stopped registering "all but a handful" of newly-arrived Syrian refugees, d...