- Thursday, January 11, 2018 5:08 PM
Tirana, 11 January 2018 (MIA) - Today's adoption of the law on the use of languages in Macedonia dominated the headlines in Albania.
Albanian media have been widely reporting about the adoption hailing it as 'a historic event' that finally makes the Albanian language in Macedonia official.
Top state officials also welcomed the law's adoption.
"The enactment by the parliament in Skopje of the law on the Albanian language is a historic achievement for the Albanians that democratizes and strengthens Macedonia itself," Albanian Premier Edi Rama said in a post on his Facebook profile.
Albania's President Ilir Meta also commended the move saying it was 'a vital act not only for the Albanians, but also for the European future of Macedonia.' ba/17:06
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 10:31 PM | DUI’s Ahmeti: 30 September - key day for Macedonia' European future
The Democratic Union for Integration (DUI) set Macedonia’s accession to the European Union and NATO ...
- 9:58 PM | PM Zaev on Prespa Agreement and constitutional changes
The changes of Macedonian Constitution in line with Skopje-Athens name (Prespa Agreement) will be im...
- 8:49 PM | Bill Cosby sentenced to state prison for sexual assault
Comedian Bill Cosby has been sentenced to three to 10 years in state prison for sexual assault, the ...
- 8:38 PM | Argentina's central bank boss Luis Caputo quits after three months
The head of Argentina's central bank has resigned amid reports of a row over policies to restore con...
- 7:17 PM | US President Trump pits 'patriotism' over 'globalism' at UN speech
President Donald Trump delivered a blunt condemnation of cooperative "globalism", lashing out at OPE...