- Friday, January 12, 2018 2:01 PM
Athens, 12 January 2018 (MIA) - Greek Parliament Speaker Nikos Voutsis voiced optimism Friday regarding the name issue settlement, saying it is a big chance that should not be missed, MIA reports from Athens.
"This issue was postponed for many years. Now there is a different correlation of political forces in FYROM and this important chance regarding its solution must not be missed. I am an optimist", Voutsis told state TV station ERT.
Asked if there is interest from other parties to find a solution to the name row, Voutsis said everyone is interested for its closure, especially EU, NATO and neighboring states.
Regarding the position of Panos Kammenos, leader of the government's junior coalition partner Independent Greeks (ANEL), Voutsis says he expects that the Government will reach a unified stance, accompanied by a parliamentary majority. ik/13:59
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:26 PM | True patriotism is doing what is best for future generations, Robertson tells MIA
Former NATO secretary-general, Lord George Robertson, tells MIA the newly-established Ohrid Group wi...
- 8:56 PM | Bulgaria, Greece and Romania meet in support of Serbia's EU accession
Bulgaria, Greece, and Romania must do everything possible for Serbia to join the EU family, Bulgaria...
- 8:36 PM | Debate on Macedonia’s process for joining EU, NATO
After 17 years it may be concluded that the Ohrid Framework Agreement is successful, as it restored ...
- 8:25 PM | Greek MoFA urges Hahn to refrain from giving wrong image of name talks
The Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs has urged EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to refrain from giving...
- 8:04 PM | Finance Ministry says 30-year bond improves debt structure and refinancing
The Finance Ministry said Tuesday the issuance of long-term securities, such as today's 30-year bond...