- Friday, January 12, 2018 3:36 PM
Skopje, 12 January 2018 (MIA) - Funds of the Eurobond issued yesterday will be used for covering the budget deficit, higher salaries in education and health sectors, intensifying of capital investments and repayment of old debts, said Finance Minister Dragan Tevdovski on Friday.
"The Eurobond is worth EUR 500 million, including a seven-year maturing period and a record low interest rate at 2.75 percent," Tevdovski told reporters.
According to him, the decision was transparent and published in the Official Gazette.
The state debt has reached EUR 2,04 billion, excluding interests, following the sixth Eurobond release.
The first Eurobond worth EUR 170 million was issued in 2005, the second at EUR 175 million in 2009, the third at EUR 500 million in 2014, the fourth at EUR 270 million in 2015, and the fifth at EUR 450 million in 2016. ik/15:34
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:26 PM | True patriotism is doing what is best for future generations, Robertson tells MIA
Former NATO secretary-general, Lord George Robertson, tells MIA the newly-established Ohrid Group wi...
- 8:56 PM | Bulgaria, Greece and Romania meet in support of Serbia's EU accession
Bulgaria, Greece, and Romania must do everything possible for Serbia to join the EU family, Bulgaria...
- 8:36 PM | Debate on Macedonia’s process for joining EU, NATO
After 17 years it may be concluded that the Ohrid Framework Agreement is successful, as it restored ...
- 8:25 PM | Greek MoFA urges Hahn to refrain from giving wrong image of name talks
The Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs has urged EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to refrain from giving...
- 8:04 PM | Finance Ministry says 30-year bond improves debt structure and refinancing
The Finance Ministry said Tuesday the issuance of long-term securities, such as today's 30-year bond...