- Friday, January 12, 2018 4:47 PM
Brussels, 12 January 2018 (MIA) - In an interview to Germany-based news agency dpa, Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn has said that the ties between Turkey and the EU 'should be rendered more realistic'.
Hahn stated that a 'strategic partnership' could be established with Turkey instead of full membership as French President Emmanuel Macron brought to agenda recently, and that hopefully the EU members would discuss this proposal.
Concerning Turkey seeking to have closer ties with the EU countries, Hahn said, 'Just sweet words are not enough. What matters is the facts and these facts haven't changed yet'.
'There are still tens of thousands of journalists, lawyers, academics and civil servants in prison. There is no change in this situation which is unacceptable in terms of rule of law'. lk/16:47
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:26 PM | True patriotism is doing what is best for future generations, Robertson tells MIA
Former NATO secretary-general, Lord George Robertson, tells MIA the newly-established Ohrid Group wi...
- 8:56 PM | Bulgaria, Greece and Romania meet in support of Serbia's EU accession
Bulgaria, Greece, and Romania must do everything possible for Serbia to join the EU family, Bulgaria...
- 8:36 PM | Debate on Macedonia’s process for joining EU, NATO
After 17 years it may be concluded that the Ohrid Framework Agreement is successful, as it restored ...
- 8:25 PM | Greek MoFA urges Hahn to refrain from giving wrong image of name talks
The Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs has urged EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to refrain from giving...
- 8:04 PM | Finance Ministry says 30-year bond improves debt structure and refinancing
The Finance Ministry said Tuesday the issuance of long-term securities, such as today's 30-year bond...