- Saturday, January 13, 2018 10:50 AM
Berlin, 13 January 2018 (MIA) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel Friday said she hopes a new government can be formed by Easter, dpa reports.
Speaking in her constituency in Trinwillershagen in the north-eastern state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Friday evening after marathon talks between her CDU/CSU bloc and the Social Democrats on whether to enter into formal coalition negotiations, Merkel called these "the first step in a long process".
Merkel said that looking forward, more problems need to be solved at the European level.
Many problems needed transnational, European solutions, she added, citing relations with the the US or China and enviromental issues as examples. ik/10:48
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:26 PM | True patriotism is doing what is best for future generations, Robertson tells MIA
Former NATO secretary-general, Lord George Robertson, tells MIA the newly-established Ohrid Group wi...
- 8:56 PM | Bulgaria, Greece and Romania meet in support of Serbia's EU accession
Bulgaria, Greece, and Romania must do everything possible for Serbia to join the EU family, Bulgaria...
- 8:36 PM | Debate on Macedonia’s process for joining EU, NATO
After 17 years it may be concluded that the Ohrid Framework Agreement is successful, as it restored ...
- 8:25 PM | Greek MoFA urges Hahn to refrain from giving wrong image of name talks
The Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs has urged EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to refrain from giving...
- 8:04 PM | Finance Ministry says 30-year bond improves debt structure and refinancing
The Finance Ministry said Tuesday the issuance of long-term securities, such as today's 30-year bond...