- Saturday, January 20, 2018 4:14 PM
Skopje, 20 January 2018 (MIA) - Scheduled passport and visas services, and emergency services for US citizens, will continue at the Embassy during the US government shutdown, the US Embassy in Skopje said Saturday via Twitter.
'We will not be updating this account regularly, except in the event of an emergency,' it said.
The US government has begun shutting down many of its services after the Senate failed to agree on a new budget.
It is the first shutdown ever to happen while the same party, the Republicans, controls Congress and the White House.
The impasse will affect hundreds of thousands of federal workers, and the recriminations have already begun.
The last government shutdown was in 2013, and lasted for 16 days. lk/16:13
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:34 PM | Macedonia becomes full-fledged member of Adriatic-Ionian Initiative
On an invitation of Italian Foreign Minister Angelino Alfano, a delegation of Macedonia’s Foreign Mi...
- 3:30 PM | Greek media on new name talks round in New York
Greek media are reporting extensively Thursday about the fresh round of Athens-Skopje name talks in ...
- 2:58 PM | North Korea nuclear test tunnels at Punggye-ri destroyed
North Korea followed through on a pledge to blow up tunnels at its nuclear test site on Thursday, me...
- 2:51 PM | Migrants block northern Greek highway in 2nd day of protests
Some 250 asylum-seekers have blocked a busy northern Greek highway, in a second day of protests agai...
- 2:18 PM | Zaev-Mickoski TV duel: Citizens expect solution to name issue
There is no alternative for Macedonia but the EU, NATO membership and thus creativity, leadership is...