- Tuesday, February 13, 2018 3:31 PM
Athens, 13 February 2018 (MIA) - Name negotiations are under way at a ministerial level, Greece's deputy shipping minister, Nektarios Santorinios said commenting on today's Vienna talks without revealing any details about the meeting of the countries' foreign ministers and UN mediator Matthew Nimetz.
In a TV interview, Santorinios reiterated Greece's positions regarding a compound erga omnes name elaborating: You cannot change the name for overall use and for internal use without changing the Constitution.
Athens, he said, will not concede its positions, MIA reported.
The Greek deputy minister called Macedonia's move to rename the airport and the highway 'a significant step towards abandoning its irredentist claims.' ba/15:30
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:53 PM | Russia's RT faces three new impartiality investigations in Britain
Britain’s media regulator said on Monday it had opened a further three investigations into Russian n...
- 8:08 PM | PM: Greece seen meeting fiscal targets, no fiscal gap in 2018/9
Greece and its foreign creditors agreed that the country will meet its fiscal targets in the coming ...
- 7:54 PM | FinMin Tevdovski: Public debt put under control
For the first time after more than 10 years, public debt has been put under control, Finance Ministe...
- 6:45 PM | Macedonia and Poland celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
‘Makedonissimo’ project - transcriptions of Macedonian traditional music by Pande Shahov in collabor...
- 6:08 PM | U.S. threatens 'strongest' sanctions on Iran, seeks sweeping change
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday threatened to impose the “strongest sanctions in history” a...