- Wednesday, February 14, 2018 3:37 PM
Washington, 14 February 2018 (MIA) - Police responded to a shooting Wednesday outside the National Security Agency campus at Fort Meade in Maryland, where authorities surrounded a handcuffed man after a black SUV ran into a barrier, The Associated Press reports.
Fort Meade garrison spokeswoman Cheryl Phillips confirmed by phone that one person was injured in the shooting outside the base and was taken to hospital.
"NSA police and local law enforcement are addressing an incident that took place this morning at one of NSA's security vehicle entry gates. The situation is under control and there's no ongoing security or safety threat," an NSA statement said.
Later, sources told CBS News that three people had been hurt.
President Donald Trump has been briefed, and the White House offers thoughts and prayers with those who have been affected, spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said. lk/15:37
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:53 PM | Russia's RT faces three new impartiality investigations in Britain
Britain’s media regulator said on Monday it had opened a further three investigations into Russian n...
- 8:08 PM | PM: Greece seen meeting fiscal targets, no fiscal gap in 2018/9
Greece and its foreign creditors agreed that the country will meet its fiscal targets in the coming ...
- 7:54 PM | FinMin Tevdovski: Public debt put under control
For the first time after more than 10 years, public debt has been put under control, Finance Ministe...
- 6:45 PM | Macedonia and Poland celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
‘Makedonissimo’ project - transcriptions of Macedonian traditional music by Pande Shahov in collabor...
- 6:08 PM | U.S. threatens 'strongest' sanctions on Iran, seeks sweeping change
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday threatened to impose the “strongest sanctions in history” a...